Danang, Vietnam, October 7, 2015: Organisers of the OCA’s 5th Asian Beach Games in Danang, Vietnam, next year have produced a five-stage campaign to promote the event at home and abroad. Phase one is already underway, with the launch of the one-year countdown clock on September 24 and an international press conference that attracted 150 media organisations.
This opening phase also includes social media, with a video clip entitled “Danang welcomes ABG5” set to be uploaded to Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. The promotional campaign, which also involves the look of the city and the games, will continue in 2015 with exhibits and kiosks at several high-profile events, such as the Clipper Race sailing competition, Fantastic Danang Week and Culture Exchange Fair.
Phases three, four and five will build up the momentum towards the 5th ABG, which will open on September 24 and close on October 3.
The campaign initiatives include:
• Celebrate the 70th Vietnam Sports Day on March 27, 2016, and the 41st Danang City Liberation Day with a bicycle rally, posters and 35,000 flyers in hotels, resorts and public areas.
• Posters in shopping malls and public buildings and publicity on buses and taxis.
• International press conferences to report on the progress of preparations.
• Community events to promote the 5th ABG among the local population.
• Test events in beach volleyball, beach handball, beach soccer, beach sepaktakraw and other sports from June 15 to August 30.
• Install three information screens at major intersections, squares and public places, and double-sided screens in Bien Dong Park, Bach Dang promenade on the Han River, Tran Hung Dao Street, Danang Airport and train stations.
• Publish 100,000 photo books and magazines about the 5th ABG through the Danang City Tourism Board.
The 5th ABG will feature 14 sports, 22 disciplines and 172 events at four venue clusters, with the participation of 5,000 athletes and officials from the OCA’s 45 National Olympic Committees.